e8400 + maximus forumla

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would really call Asus tech support first before buying new RAM, even though I wouldn't normally tell people to call tech support, but you want to exhuast every possible option before spending money..

yeah, I am in at 4.5 ghz. My ram is at... 6-6-5-15 ddr2-1000

but I had to crank up the vcore to get to the boot screen, but my ram only hung like 5 times, so that was good. I am at... 1.4625 vcore.

See if I can make a suicide in 3dmark, see what happens. -if I am running vista is it gonna be worse(cus I have to be running vista today...)

coretemp says I am idling at ... 48/49C on both cores
hardware monitor says the same thing. 45-50idle.

thats pretty smokin hot for a 45nm core isnt it?
i wouldn't want my 90 or 65 nm AMD chips running that hot at idle.
isn't there a problem with the sensors on the 8400? or is CT just messed up? or do they really run THAT hot >.<?

I read at tons of places that the sensors are just messed up. But the idle has not increased much, it idles at 40/42 on stock speeds. that is what coretemp says. I am gonna lap my processor and my hs, so that should help. But for 1.5ghz increase, the idle only went up 10C? that isnt bad. I still need to stress test and all, but I am waiting to reinstall xp. I will update more late tonight

hmmm i dont know. when i had my 3600 running at 3.1, idle only went up about 4-5 degrees. thats almost the same increase. my 5000 goes up about 1-2 (no voltage increase, at 3.2). i dunno, its whatever you are comfortable with i suppose.

well to get to 4.5ghz I had to change my voltage from about... 1.2 to about 1.46... but I only had to up it to 1.3 to get it to 4.0 ghz. I think I will end up running it at 4.2 or so for 24/7 clocks. but I once I OC my gpu,I will do a suicide run at 4.5 and in XP, which I am off to install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom