AMD, Intel difference in $500!

Status
Not open for further replies.
APOLOGIES FOR MY IGNORANCE!! NO ONE'S PERFECT.

the P-4 I mentioned is actually "A" Series, here are all P-4 in 2.8 clocks:

2.80E GHz 800 MHz 90 nm (prescott) - HT

2.80A GHz 533 MHz 90 nm (prescott) - NO HT

2.80C GHz 800 MHz 0.13 micron (Northwood) - HT

2.80 GHz 533 MHz 0.13 micron (Northwood) - NO HT

YourPrinter said:
prescotts are capable of ht. where are you buying ur parts? wtf 400$ difference?

if u get them from newegg the 3200+ and 2.8e are almost the same price

thats what i was gona say, i got my p4 for $280 AUS

He said he was looking at two computers with these chips, not buying the chips separately as parts.

fofoo said:
http://flyers.bestbuycanada.ca.nmsrv.com/perl/flyer.cgi?do=print_image&flyer_id=925&image_id=2055

:) Sorry im not major techie like you guys so i dont know how to build my own comp so i have to buy from these places.

it's really not all that difficult -- I just built our first computer and I doubt I will ever buy a computer again! It just takes some research and reading. During the building process you just need to be able to follow instuctions and have some patience. I bought the dummies book "Building a PC for dummies" -- It was great. And this is a great place to come to ask questions if you have problems or anything.

Seriously, though, I knew almost nothing about building a computer when I started...I didn't realize there was anything available other than the P4! I had never seen a motherboard, and never opened up our computer case or put in a video card or anything! And I just built an ENTIRE computer all by myself.

I just didn't want you to rule out building one yourself because you're not a "major techie".

~Annie

i agree with annie. i built my first system a month or so ago, and it was no problem at all. i had done some research, made sure all my parts were compatible, and got quality parts. i had put in a new HD and a CD burner, but never touched anything with the mobo. I didn't even know what the processor looked like, when I opened up my old dell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom