£1000 System Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are extreme on this, and it looks that you are.
Then you will want MX-2 thermal Paste, you will want the TRUE heatsink, You will lap the heatsink base as well as the CPU IHS.
And the motherboard for extreme Overclocking will be one of the X38 boards we have mentioned.

Though the Quad GT is still more than you will need.

The best one for overclocking. Regardless of price, if it matter thats much, i'll drop the second 8800GT and get a very expensive mobo.

I can do some lapping, this is NOT a joke. Is it a good idea to coat the CPU in liquid gold and then get it perfectly level ?

yeah, you cant have two 8800gt's with an x38. I say get the x38 and maybe the new 4000 series from ati will be awesome enough for your rig. And if you want the better I say go with the q9450, it will oc better than the q6600, but it isnt out yet..

I might get more expensive Omegatherm 201 Silicon paste, more expensive, more thermally condutive. Cover the top of the CPU and bottom of HS in liquid gold,

Ask Apock about water cooling kits.

I would stick with air though, cause if you wanna break records your gonna want Phase. But you don't have enough dough for that..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom