Windows UE

Status
Not open for further replies.

snake

Baseband Member
After installing on 2 machines Windows UE neither of them has any sound. The sound adapter seems fine in the device manager. Also I checked the BIOS just in case but everything seems fine. Tried to update the sound drivers but it says that it has the lastest. Then when I try to play something comes a message about a problem with the sound card. Both machines were perfectly fine before this install. They were running XP pro.

What could be the problem?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

That I do not know but Im going to check though. What I know is that this Unattended Edition of XP comes with a lots of useful programs. It runs faster too. Its like an XP Black in that sense.

Hello,

What message do you get exactly?

And as already mentioned, ensure that you've installed an audio driver that is Vista compatible.

Sorry for this stupid question but Im kind of new on this- How do I check the drivers are Vista Compatible? Also when I try to update them it says they are ok.

thanks for the help you are giving me!

This is a hacked version of XP. Not Vista. It includes apps and stuff like that. This means that the drivers that were included were wrong. Get the right drivers.

Already installed the drivers that came with the motherboard CD - still the same problem.

Get the updated drivers from the website for the sound card. Since it is a hacked XP they could have fubared something with the sound.

Did What you told me and everything went fine; it was a driver problem. Have sound again.
Thanks man. Thanks to everyone else who helped.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom