Adequate Sub $100 Video Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcovalt

In Runtime
Howdy folks,

I built a computer about a week ago and realized I cheaped out too much on the video card. I have this card now:

Newegg.com - MSI NX8400GS-TD256E GeForce 8400GS Support up to 512M (256MB onboard) 64-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

I am going to send it back. It is running way too hot. In replacement for it I was looking at the:

Newegg.com - XFX PVT84JUDD3 GeForce 8600GT XXX 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

I want to stay in that price range as much as possible ($74.99), should I go with something else. I will be doing a small amount of gaming. My monitor is a 20" 1680x1050.

Thanks in advance!

If you can stretch your budget then this is an amazing card for the money...will play most things at max details
Newegg.com - XFX PVT88SFDF4 GeForce 8800GS 384MB 192-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhh. I want that! But no, too much.

That is as high as I can go. I am supposed to only spend $60. I am pushing it for $70, let alone $80.

At that resolution you would have to set newer games to low. Anything on the level of Crysis wouldn't run to good. However besides Crysis most current games would run decent.

edit: for the 8600gt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom