HD 3870 x2 temp 60 C at idle, 73 C at load, problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
Ever since i got it, the temps just skyrocket up 10 C. Earlier i tried unscrewing it, but i dont have a small enough screwdriver for the back screws that r holding down the heatsinks (they r incredibly small!). Are my GPUs temps too high?

i want to apply MX-2 on it as soon as possible, where can i get a cheap, good small enough screwdriver to get those screws out?

You could try to get a utility like rivatuner to set your fan speeds higher. I'm not sure about your GPU but my BFG8800GTX fan was only running at 25% and 60c also. I cranked the fan up to 100 % and now I'm running at 54 to 56 idle. But these new cards do run hotter.

You could try to get a utility like rivatuner to set your fan speeds higher. I'm not sure about your GPU but my BFG8800GTX fan was only running at 25% and 60c also. I cranked the fan up to 100 % and now I'm running at 54 to 56 idle. But these new cards do run hotter.

ya i need some kind of fan controller. I'm gonna try to get a new screwdriver that is small enough to get the screws out of the bottom of the graphics card.

60 isnt so bad for a dual gpu solution... i mean my 2900pro was running that...

my 8800gt runs like 56c .. i don't think you have much to worry about...

Video cards run way hotter than CPUs. 60*C is nothing to worry about. My 7900GS idles at about 55-56. You don't have a problem. If your worried for whatever reason, throw another fan on it.

Video cards run way hotter than CPUs. 60*C is nothing to worry about. My 7900GS idles at about 55-56. You don't have a problem. If your worried for whatever reason, throw another fan on it.

i still want to use MX-2 on it regardless, i cant risk this card to die on me is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom