Front of case - USB 1 or 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

regeisle

In Runtime
I have an Antec PerformancePlus case with 2 USB2 ports in the front. They are supposed to be USB2, and the MOBO supports that, but I've read some posts of people saying they're only 1.1, and they needed to have a new adapter sent out from Antec. Fine and good, but I'm not sure which mine are b/c they may have updated the case or something. Is there a way to check that? They WORK, but I don't have any USB2 devices right now, so I really can't tell just by transfer speed. Any help would be appreciated :)

well if your not having a problem i would just leave it. If you have an official manual or something from them saying that they are USB2 ports, then they probably are. If you have them plugged into USB 1.1 on your mobo it wont matter, but if you have them plugged into USB2 on your mobo, then your USB2 devices will go faster.
Wait till you get something USB2 and see what happens.

Thanks for the help. If the Mobo is USB2, will the plugs in the front automatically be USB2? I'd rather not wait until I need USB2, because the case is new, and I'd rather get them to send the updated adapter sooner rather than later, if needed. If i call them in 2 years, they'd probably tell me to take a hike. I was just wondering if there is a way in system props, device mgr, etc to see if it's usb2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom