First time Build will this work ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok

built in case PSU... BAD BAD BAD, its also a Raidmax PSU, which is also bad,

Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS (Perpendicular Recording Technology) 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

get a SATA ^^ over IDE, because its outdated

Newegg.com - Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

better RAM

also get the Biostar TA770 over the Asus M3a

also that Video Card isn't that great for gaming, its like a 7600gt, which is ok, but not that great, if you want to do some serious gaming look into getting atleast an 8800gs

ok i went and changed all but the power supply i like the case and can scrap the one that comes in it can you recommend a resonabley priced power supply

Just a little note, all Raidmax power supplies that come with cases are crap.
The only good ones, and yes there are good raidmax power supplies, are ones that say Topower or Tagan within the name/model.

Those aren't sold with cases though..

If you look at the power supply guide, another good, cheap power supply that will power that configuration is the corsair 450VX.

Though you can't go wrong with the 550VX or 520HX.

thanks for all the input is the 2600xt a better card than the 8600gt i don't think i need the 8800gs i won't be playing really intense games half life 2 is about it the others are pretty mild gladiator, sid meiers pirates and simular games i'm to old to be fast enough to keep up with much more thanks again guys as soon as i figure out a video card i'll get these parts ordered steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom