Radeon 4000 specs revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurusan

Golden Master
"The ATI Radeon HD 4000 series is slated for late Q2. Information about the high-end RV770 has been leaking onto the web, from here and there, but the exact specifications has remained in the shadows. German hardware site Hartware.net has gotten their hands on what seems to be pretty authentic information. As far as we can tell, it looks believable and matches the rumors going around. We're still far away from the launch and the figures are subject to change. We also have some information on our own to share with you."
4870.jpg

Translated version of http://www.hartware.de/news_44085.html

Looks pretty interesting to me...that's a heck of a lot of shaders, and at least they come clocked at over 1ghz. Personally, I'm interested in the 4850 if it overclocks at all like the 3850...and it comes with GDDR5 as well :D

over 1 teraflop from a single GPU is pretty impressive. If I recall correctly that's about what the next 9800GTX is supposed to do as well. Will be interesting to see if ATI gets annihilated again or if they put up a decent fight.

over 1 teraflop from a single GPU is pretty impressive. If I recall correctly that's about what the next 9800GTX is supposed to do as well. Will be interesting to see if ATI gets annihilated again or if they put up a decent fight.

And imagine if you could fold with it....

****........does this mean i should return my graphics card now n wait n buy the 4870 x2?

that would be a waste of money n i just couldnt wait any longer to get a new graphics card!!

so i just screwed myself, depending on how much of an improvement the 4000 series has over 3000 series.

We all remember how good R600 looked on paper... And look how that turned out. Dont run to conclusions yet people.

true. Like i said, i just got myself screwed if there is a huge improvement over my card!

EDIT:

i just tried to refund my card but i cant now, darn it! Anyone interested in buying my HD 3870 x2 for $300?

QUARTER 2?!

they just released their hd3870 x2, aren't they going to finish the 3000series!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom