e8400 + maximus forumla

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, I explored them, there really isnt that much there. But there is nothing about ratios, or anything about linking the fsb:dram. Kinda crazy. I know someone else has this board. who is it?

other than amd. (and they might not have run into this prob unless they are regularly running over 400fsb.)

yeah, i dont want the dram to adjust with it. how do I stop it from doing that?

(my dad and I are going out, leave any ideas please. I will be back in a little while.)

oh crap. Wow, time to sell this board and get a new one. Unless I can get some 1066 memory for really cheap. Anyone know of anyone selling some?

and thanks for finding that. Now I dont have to worry about signing up for a membership to the asus support forum on their site. thank you.

Newegg.com - CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

either one of those? can anyone find me a deal on some?

Newegg.com - OCZ Platinum 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

I would really like some of those ocz. mhmm.. time to deal shop :D

why does it matter? you won't notice a different with overclocking the memory.

if you want to run them at a higher MHZ just up the timings. you can run 6-6-6-18 @ 1200MHZ if you need to..but i highly doubt you are running a 600FSB

even if you are running a 500FSB your RAM will still do 5-5-5-15 @ 1000MHZ...that is 1:1

If someone hasn't mentioned this already.
The vast majority of memory at higher speeds is/are the same models/modulas at lower speeds they just loosen the timmings.

So try to slack the timmings on your current memory for higher speed.
5-5-5-15 or more..

I did... I went even looser and they wouldnt post. But I will try again, at 1000 and 500fsb.

(I found some ocz platinums on ebay for a decent price, if these wont post, I might get those)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom