8800GTS Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
here's my current situation, I've made another post on another forum that has a lot of the modding types. They're telling me that there's no risk of shorting the card because with the resisters being off the way they are, it's an open circuit. The worst that could happen is that the card won't operate properly or at all, and I just power off my system and see if I can RMA it. I should get a response from the XFX people within the week. Apparently there's probably no risk of damaging anything if I decide to test it out.. so I'll find out soon enough once I assemble everything back together

i would have just gone with the dumb approach suggested. lol "i dunno whut happuned, it just dont work no more". never tell the truth when you RMA, man. especially if you screwed it up.
as far as putting it back in, the people that told you that are not the ones who have to buy new stuff IF they are wrong.
i'd send it back.

RMA, act like a complete idiot about it.

I'm in the process of finding out just how good XFX RMA is ;) My card has been getting abnormally hot during gaming (85*C)

you guys are right, I'll just wait for their response before I try it out, in the mean-time, I should pick up a cheapo PCI-E card as a placeholder, maybe even something I can adequatley game with, thanks for your suggestions guys

got my 8800gt back from xfx rma, took em about 10 business days.

I picked up an 8500gt on ebay for like 35 and then just resold it on another forum for 45 shipped so i made about 6 bucks off it :D

yeah, you can get a small card for nothing. Keep it though, I have needed my back up a few times

actually, i have an old PII rig that I'm gonna hook up to my 22" LCD (lol :D) to hold me through so I can have Internet access and do some school work. I hope XFX decide to repaire/exchange it for me.

I've been doing a lot of work on my righ: sanding down and repainting the interior, lapping the hsf and cpu, fan/wire management, and some dremel work. i was going to volt-mod my GTS and install a new heatsink but now this happened >_> so I won't be on my rig until later next week... need to catch up on some school work anyway, need a break from computerism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom