vista 64

Status
Not open for further replies.

taintedplay

lolwut?
my friend is giving me a copy of both 32 and 64 bit vista. He tried them both out, and says they both work great, but the 64bit is terrible for gaming. He got half the frames in css in 64bit that he got in 32. Is this the case or was he doing somethign wrong? He is on a laptop which is only decent, could that be why?

I run Home Premium 32bit, and ultimate 64bit. I got more FPS on the 64bit (COD4) version.

Core 2 Duo E6420
2GB 667
8800GT

I think it depends on what game you are playing. Older games will probably not work as well in 64 but I think alot of newer games will work just the same or better than 32 bit. Crysis is supposed to run better in 64 bit. CS:S is an older game and I could see how there may be some coding issues or something when running it in 64 bit because when that game was made, nobody gamed on 64 bit.

I get more in 64bit, but that probably because its recognising double the ram. I don't knwo how old CS:S is, but final fantasy 11 is a good 7 years old and it runs as well on 64 as 32.

but thats only 1, the only other old game i have is diablo 2 and theres no point in even looking at FPS there. XD i'm sure ferarri is probably right.

im running 64-bit for gaming and it runs well. Although, I think if I had to do it again I would prob go with XP 64 bit....this one has some weird issues every now and again. For the most part I am happy with it, just has a few things that need to be ironed out.

I'm not sold on Vista x64 yet. No apps and barely any games fully support 64bit technology. The ones that do are like IE, Firefox, and Daemon Tools....man those need some major performance to run!

i heard if you doolboot and have xp installed first, the boot.ini file will mess up, and neither xp of vista will boot and the only solution is to install vista, then install xp. Is this true?

idk, but my dual boot doesnt work with xp installed first. I installed vista, and it doesnt give me the option to boot xp.

... maybe I will do it again later, but I am too lazy to do it this week. re-installed vista/xp 4 times in 2 days. I am tired of doing it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom