AGP / onboard graphics conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowFax

Solid State Member
I hope someone can help me.

I want to install an AGP Nvidia 64mb graphics card into my custom built pc.

The pc has onboard graphics, 32mb proSavage graphics. The machine is running this at the moment.

I try to disable the 32mb graphics thru device manager, but it wont let me, no option too!!

If I install the AGP card, load the driver, and plug the monitor into the AGP card, the graphics come up like there is no card.

I try to change the bios setting too, from EGA/VGA which is the onboard setting, to Mono which will let me run the AGP. But it wont keep this setting, even if I save it.

Can someone help!!

Thanx

what you need to disable shadowfax, in the bios is a setting looking like (enable/disable onboard graphics). something similar to that you are looking for. microbell's right, the ega/vga setting you changed has nothing to do what you are looking for.

since its a custom built pc, i'm guessing you know which motherboard you have. take a look at your mobo's manual or on the maker's website to see if there is a jumper as ccskorn suggested that needs to be disabled.

good luck.

Guy's,

There is no spoecific setting in the bios to disable the on board graphics. I have scanned through each setting 3 times over and checked the manual. When I go into device manager to disable the graphics, it has no option to. Just an option to uninstall the graphics.

The board is elitegroup, L7VMM2, S3 ProSavageDDR.

If I just install the new card and plug the monitor into it, I turn on the pc and the LED on the monitor just blinks and the monitor doesnt come on.

ShadowF

Might be worth giving it a go in safe mode. If you load up safe mode your old drivers wont be loaded up. You can then remove the old drivers, bung in your card and load up the new ones.

Microbell,

I have uninstalled the on board graphics, got rid of everything got to do with the graphics, drivers, files etc etc.

I then installed the card and loaded the driver for it.

Microbell,

I have uninstalled the on board graphics, got rid of everything got to do with the graphics, drivers, files etc etc.

I then installed the card and loaded the driver for it. I then checked device manager>display drivers> and the AGP card was present.

It said the card was working properly / no conflicts.

But when I restart, the display is shit, like there is no graphics installed at all.

Running Windows 2000 Pro, no service pack. I have SP3, could this resolve the prob, by installing it???

?????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom