Restart followed by perm shutdown..

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeverReality

Beta member
So basically I was browsing a website ( Travian a very well known browser game. ) and my computer restarted on. When it was back up and running I started loading programs and I think it was right after i loaded winamp that the computer shut down. I havn't been able to start it up since.

I'm not new to computers, but I won't lie and say I'm some sort of tech. I know enough to open up the case and disconnect and reconnect wires in hopes of it being something minor. I did that to my hard drive, ram, sound card, and CD burner. I misplaced my screwdriver or i would take my video card out as well.

I haven't added or made any recent changes that I can think of.

My computer is a Amd Dual Core 3800+, roughly two years old. I bought the Case Mobo/Chip and Ram at the same time. Everything else has been replaced since.

Any thoughts? I am thinking/hoping that it was just my power supply dying. It was a pretty cheap case.

first impressions are psu...cheap enough
what will you do now? buy just a psu or a case with a psu? :D

I'm thinking of getting a different case altogether if that is the problem. Can i get anyones opinion as to what my problem might be?

I saw the link in your signature Ste, it's helpful.

Thanks guys, and yeah, I bought a case and used the power supply that came with it. I'm always broke and was buying piece by piece to get my computer going so I didn't really think to spend extra on that. Now i can afford it though so yeah.

:)

Ha, i have a machine in my closet running on a case psu. Its on 24/7, no problems yet. Had it since january 2006, and the suckers still alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom