Best Motherboard For E8400?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i didnt feel like reading everything.. but the problem.. what i've read on xtreme systems, on the e8400, is degredation of the life of the cpu itself.. people who are overclocking are finding their cpu's are dying... or say, the longer they have em overclocked they find some odd reason they are needing more and more voltage to keep the same cpu frequency over time

oh, wow...
that is not good. Long as it doesnt degrade too fast, I dont mind. I am gonna pick up a nehalem and a new mobo prob a few months after they come out

i'm not gonna say that is confirmed for all 45nm cpu's... but there have been some reported causes.. i think it may be after you reach a certain vcore.. so watch out.. and don't set it too high

I set mine at 1.325 at the highest so far. And I am running at 4.05ghz right now. I could go higher, but my stupid motherboard wont let me unlink the fsb:dram.. so I can only go as high as my ram will. and tonight that was 4.176, but 3dmark had an error everytime I tried. so later I will put in my gskill, and push the voltage way up, see if i can get a little more outta the ram

just picke dup the e8400 for 200$ at microcenter. waiting for my ASUS P5N-D, crucial ballistix 2x 1gb, and arctic freezer 7 pro to come in!!! should be here thurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom