Mbps??? Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Megabits per second, not to be confused with Megabytes per second, usually you'll use it to describe the speed of an Internet connection, like a 6Mbps connection allows up to 750KB/s download speed, as there are 8bits to every byte.

Mbps is megabits per second. It is used to describe transfer speeds. 1 Mbps is 1,000,000 bits per second. M is like million. The term Mbps is most used for internet connections, and for data cables (USB, Firewire). DSL would be 1.5Mbit/s, cable would be 3Mbit/s. Mbps could also be written as Mb/s, Mbit/s, megabit per second, etc. 8 bits makes 1 byte.
Data rate units - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

lol mb/s is used for ALOT of things, pixel fill rates, ANY transfer rate, usb and firewire as said... network speed... there's just alot of things its used for

its just exactly what it means, anything that is being sent over a period of time, is going to be measure by kilo, mega, tera, giga... you know the haps!

yes the most commonly used is for internet or networks though, i guess i should have said "commonly used instead of usually.

ur not really geting what im saying, i use my internet everyday, i don't trasfer files everyday, so i think thats pretty much THE MOST COMMONLY used,(for me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom