184 pin ram, HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

madeye

Baseband Member
i have a k8v-se deluxe mobo in my aging computer.

I can't get a new pc for about 6 months but i want to upgrade the ram in this old rig anyways.

My current ram is pc3200 3x512mb ddr400 ram, which apparently only runs at 333mhz in my motherboard , a design overlook or something (when 3 slots are filled the ram runs slower)

I'm considering getting 2x1gb sticks, so it runs at full speed and ultimately would be 512mb more ram than i have now.

184-pin is the ram that fits my computer...

Does anyone know the cheapest decent ram i could get for this setup? I have a feeling it would help the lag in my favourite game (ww2ol) which is ram intensive...

(my other parts are amd3400+ cpu, and x800xt 256mb video card which are probably both adequate for what i'm doing, for now)

Am i right in thinking my ram is my computers bottleneck?

edit: PS, i live in canada , and ncix.com seems to be the best for me, price wise

To go with DDR400 (PC3200) RAM from NCIX, your cheapest bet would be to get two of these:
NCIX.com - Buy Patriot Signature Line 1GB 1X1GB PC3200 DDR400 CL3 184PIN Memory DIMM W/ Heatspreader - PSD1G400H In Canada.
It will still be $105.50 plus shipping, though.

Trotter and madeye, I think you won't mind if I ask a question.. here...
well I'm also considering buying another gig.. and I see ebay has 1 GB of (Samsung) ram (PC 2700/333 MHZ).. they say it's a brand new, around 25 CAD... are they lying ?
How can they afford to sell at such prize..!! :wondering:
thanks..:)

PC2700 is pretty old RAM, even if it is new. That shouldn't affect its reliability or anything, but it is slower when compared to DDR400.

The RAM could be part of a big lot from way back or something. It used to be dirt cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom