Dell XPS m1530 + Penryn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Difolo

In Runtime
Hey guys, I am really interested in buying a Dell XPS m1530, especially which some of their sales that are currently running, but I have been trying to hold out for Intel's Penryn 9000s to hit the m1530s. This is REALLY frustrating as the penryn chips went into the m1330s, as of Feb 4th, and as of Feb 14th they hit the m1730s. What the **** happened to m1530 line? Does anyone know they are gonna start putting these chips into the 15.4 inch models? I dont know how much longer I can wait! Thanks in advance!

Well I dont blame you for hating dell, we all have our own little things, I cant stable apple.

A little shock is not gonna keep me away from this system, it looks amazing! Just need the processor....

lol yea im not a fanboi of any particular brand. lol but go ahead and get this if you dont mind it. maybe they will fix it in later models such as the one you wish to purchase.

Difolo: Assuming you're in the US, I don't think you need to worry about the shock issue. I, too, am interested in the m1530, and it seems that the only computers with the shocking issues are European models without the grounding wire. All the US models have cables with the third grounding plug and thus the shocking/tingling doesn't exist. I'm pretty sure that I've read a statement of Dell's stating that all new laptops don't have this problem, but that's neither here nor there for us anyway.

As per your original question, I don't know about the Penryn. I hope they come soon, too, and I also hope we might have the option of an 8800 GT in the laptop, but that's just a pipe dream haha. I'll live with the 8600 GT.

take care

i have bought 3 different dell laptops for my dad (i choose the models he paid for it and uses them)
and dell make some nice laptops i would definitely recommend dell for a laptop

Yea, this is really ****ing me off. You can now purchase inspirion 14' and 17' with penryn's, just like the XPS. Is dell having some kind of complications with the 15' line as both XPS and inspirion will be the last to carry it.

Yea, this is really ****ing me off. You can now purchase inspirion 14' and 17' with penryn's, just like the XPS. Is dell having some kind of complications with the 15' line as both XPS and inspirion will be the last to carry it.

and this is why i doo nooot like dell. lol they cant ever keep anything straight.

^ lol pointless

ju because they havent released a 15" model with penryn dont make them a bad company

im not a dell lover but i hate it when people hate popular companies for no valid reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom