Connect Laptop To TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowfish

Solid State Member
I'd like to view my laptop screen on the TV so I can look at some stuff. My laptop is a Toshiba Equium and it only has VGA output [THat blue15pin one]. My TV is a new Samsung HDTV and it's got loads of inputs, what do I need to ba able to connect the two?

If there is a vga input on the back of the tv you should be able to link it up ok. Usually you just press a couple of keys to get it up on the hdtv (assuming its on the pc channel). On my Dell laptop you just hold down the fn key and press f8 then it comes on.
Hope that helps

Andy

and make sure the video in your laptop supports whatever res you want to run at. I know my mom's old one didnt, so we got a little computer to put under the TV to watch hd tv without the whole.. paying for hd tuner and all.

Did your TV come with a vga cable? it should have if your tv has that input

If your tv doesn't have VGA input, it may also have HDMI or DVI in which case you are still in business, just get the respective output to VGA cable.

If it doesn't have ANY of those, then you can still attach it with S-Video, but the quality will be lacking, and don't expect to read text easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom