A Build :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
agreed with Invisible about the 520hx and 620hx (well that has to do with AMD GT Player and myself discovering it ;))

also I agree with mgcook on the board, doesn't hurt to go with a bit more (Abit IP35-e) or spend more for some extra features

do't get Ballistix Tracers because its Ballistix do the same oc'ing ability except the Tracers have these stupid LEDs

Even though it is out of stock at newegg, the E8400 would be a better processor for you than the Q6600. Also cheaper. If you are playing games this dual core is better. Most games will not use quad core power. More games use dual core. Some games only use one. If you were doing video editing then get the q6600 but since you plan on gaming, get the e8400. Also you can over clock the **** out of these things.
Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - Retail

Ahh yes the E8400....very hard to find atm. I still need to give the local Micro center a call.

The q6600 will be much more futureproof and if it gets to like 3.6 then the difference between that and the 8400 will be negligible even in single core games. **** even my processor rips up pretty much every modern game (e6300 @ 3.2GHz)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom