Forgive me please

Status
Not open for further replies.

RemoCrusher

Beta member
If this has been addressed before please forgive me. My wife's computer crashed. there was no cd for me to repair it. I had a cd of the Windows xp that cam with my computer. So being the very novice computer user that I am I used the copy of my Windows xp to bring hers up. Now here is the kicker it asked for my to activate it. When tried it said that it had reached the maximum activations (or something similar) and wanted the box code. I don't have a box for this copy (or any) for that code. Her computer has the same files the same screen saver etc. that it had before it crashed. Nobody downloaded any new stuff so the question is this: what will happen in 30 days when I am supposed to activate the windows package? Will it crash? Will it cease to work? Will it just operate as normal as none of my wifes stuff was lost except for junk? Bear in mind please that I have the computer knowledge of my cat.

There should be a sticker on the side of the case. Enter that product key, and activate it. If it doesn't activate online, then you'll just have to call MicroSoft with the number they provide, and enter about 50 numbers or so that they give you.

Your XP disc was the same version that she had on her computer to begin with, though, correct? Like for example, if she had XP Home, was your disc XP Home as well?

There should be a sticker on the side of the case. Enter that product key, and activate it. If it doesn't activate online, then you'll just have to call MicroSoft with the number they provide, and enter about 50 numbers or so that they give you.

Your XP disc was the same version that she had on her computer to begin with, though, correct? Like for example, if she had XP Home, was your disc XP Home as well?

Yes they are both exactly the same. Like I said above I don't have the box that the cd came in and that is also an issue. Why did I have to learn to play drums instead of computers lol.

What you do is continue to use the serial. There is a number that you call. It wil be a toll free number that you call M$ to activate your copy of XP. Do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom