Stock Intel Cooler FTW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Restarts applications, (memory), can fix problems and errors with programs.

Put it this way

Being a gamer would you restart once and a while or leave your computer on for 4 weeks.

I am a gamer and I pretty much always leave my puter on. We aren't using win98 with 128mb ram anymore...you don't need to restart all the time.

Rebooting does help, but I do not do it daily. Rebooting does help with performance to a point. Many programs have memory leaks and after 3-4 days you will see you memory slowly increase in usage. When I reboot and start folding, my memory will show around 33% usage. In 3-4 days aftering surfing, doing finances, playing a few games, my memory will show up around 50-65% usage when folding. Part of the problem is windows, part of it is the way some programs are written. I have one game I still play that when it first came out, you had to reboot every 12 hours because it had so many memory leaks, memory usage would hit 100%. It has since been fixed, but I still try and reboot about once a week.

i would say i'm about the same on restarting, its usually something like once a week, because as prvrt said, things do start to bog down a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom