Toolbar problem (missing some of them)

Status
Not open for further replies.
the first trick didnt work.cuz i tried that too...
the second one is at 91 at current changing to 0 and let me c if it works or not.

nope didnt work. infact it took a very long time to open the current ones now. but actually now i can see the < sybol. thats really wierd.
any other suggestion? (btw changin the 0 back to 91 )

its normal? i dont get this kinda prob in my other pc :(
how to fix this problem?

Yes this is normal behavior when your explorer.exe crashes. Go into your task manger after you restart. Shut down the explorer.exe task from within the processes. Then use the Run command and start it up again. You will see that you are missing icons.

So what i said back in post 2 is correct. You explorer.exe is crashes either with or without your knowledge and that is what is causing this.

AT any time when you are using the PC do you notice the Start Menu and the whole taskbar disappear then come back after a couple of seconds? That is explorer.exe crashing. Then rebooting itself. That is what is causing this effect.

Yes this is normal behavior when your explorer.exe crashes. Go into your task manger after you restart. Shut down the explorer.exe task from within the processes. Then use the Run command and start it up again. You will see that you are missing icons.

So what i said back in post 2 is correct. You explorer.exe is crashes either with or without your knowledge and that is what is causing this.

AT any time when you are using the PC do you notice the Start Menu and the whole taskbar disappear then come back after a couple of seconds? That is explorer.exe crashing. Then rebooting itself. That is what is causing this effect.
**** :(
so theres no way except reinstalling the xp to solve this problem ?

Edit:
k now this is really a ********. When i killed and run the explorer.exe it worked fine. but it goes off when i restart the pc...

Okay first. Watch the language. We have a Zero Tolerance Policy in effect for language. Thank you.

Now second it sounds as if your icons are hidden by default. You have to unhide them. Right click on the taskbar and choose the Customize option by the Hide Taskbar Icons. From there check to make sure only the ones you want hidden are hidden.

Okay first. Watch the language. We have a Zero Tolerance Policy in effect for language. Thank you.

Now second it sounds as if your icons are hidden by default. You have to unhide them. Right click on the taskbar and choose the Customize option by the Hide Taskbar Icons. From there check to make sure only the ones you want hidden are hidden.

k i am really sorry for my language. its just that ,i am really angry.
anyways i have tried that b4 too. i have also tried run> SFC /SCANNOW but that didnt help too :(
and it happened like u said. i watched the taskbar when pc was booting. and it was loadin fine but then started back from beginning. I think the explorer.exe is corrupted. So when i run it manually (kill it then runit). it loads fine. how to solve?

A repair install does not cost you to lose your files. It is a inplace repair install of the Windows files only.

hmmm there's this xp royale i have. if i upgrade to it (has an option to upgrade without loosing your files)...
is it gonna be like a repair? or i have a home edition upgrade (its an upgrade cd) will that repair my media center edition?

You will need the Media Center Edition discs to repair a MCE install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom