q6600 g0, 680i wont go above 2.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
THATS WHAT I DID ROFL! but dude... its only on 1.325 right now and i get 72C at full load... and i made sure the thermal paste was applied right AND i have the tuniq...

Idk what the problem is, i might just have to give the paste some time

And the fsb has been at 1.5 this whole time.

whoa, your temps are UUBER high, what kinda case fans do you got going around.. that is WAYYYY to high of temps w/ the tuniq... my cpu never see's 72c and i've got a tuniq and mx-2 and even at 1.4v i only see something like 55-57c while running prime

tighten the tuniq some more..... re apply paste w/ a line going through all 4 cores.. and not a dot.. and DON'T smear the paste... and when putting the heatsink on make sure you twist it a bit so it naturally gets spread across the cpu.. and by twist i don't mean a lot.. just a lil tiny twist left and right maybe 2-3 times

and another thing... what is the temperature around ur area... or in your room...

what case are you using? 71*C is the limit that you should g0 to with the newer intel chips...anything above that and you risk damaging the chip.

Newegg.com - XION Onyx XON-303 Black/Blue Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

Room temperature is pretty warm, i could open some windows i guess.

I thought i tightened it down pretty hard and i'll double check with my friend what method we used when we applied the paste.

My gfx card temps are pretty low.... i thought.

and i know what the limit is... thats why i can't raise it... thus why i am "wussing" out.

ya... no way you should be that high, unless its like 90-100 degrees f in your room... lol

i'm pretty sure its bad paste applying, or loose tuniq... is the fan inside the tuniq running full speed... cuz that definitely helps

pretty sure its full speed.. the dials been on full since i installed it...

If it's the case, i planned on getting a new one later on... but i think a mobo would solve my problems faster... idk, i thought the tuniq was on firmly

mobo won't solve ur temp problems... you'll still be stuck at a lower clock speed :(

i'll show a pick of how i got my tuniq set up tonite.. i finally got my camera back.... i also replaced the tuniq fan w/ a 110cfm scythe fan.. don't know if it made a difference because i never even tried stock fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom