Overclocking 8800GTS 512MB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuong

Baseband Member
I've been reading some guides to overclock using ati tool but I not quite sure how to do it yet.

I raised the memory from 972 to 977. then set the clock and scanned for artifacts. im about 7 minutes into it with no errors. So what do i do next?
I continue to raise the memory clock to the highest it'll go until it messes up and downclock it one until stable. When im finish with the memory do I set back to default and do the same process for core clock? or keep the memory at max and up the core clock.

10 mins in artifact and my gpu temp is 73'c and climbing. is this ok???? seems high?

Don't do then memory, then do the core. Do them both. What I did was increase the core by about 5, test for stability, then increase the memory by about 5. And yes, that is pretty much all you do. Just keep going till your satisfied, or until you get artifacts.

73*C is nothing...I wouldn't worry until you got into the upper 80's. And even then, I don't think that's a big deal.

i've already started doing memory and im at 1005MHz. What should I do now?
still at 73 temp. should I continue doing memory or go to core?

Like I said, do both the core and the memory at the same time. Don't max one out, then go and try to max the other out. It's best to do them both at the same time.

I've already got it up to 1015. Do I set it back to default then and do it again?

Are you raising both the Mem and clock at the same time? This is the preferred method for OC'ing a vid card. I have seen those cards go to 750/1000. Give or take some.

I've already got it up to 1015. Do I set it back to default then and do it again?

I would to be honest. Just increase the core a bit. Stress it. Then increase the memory a bit. Stress again. Just keep repeating that process. That is the best way to OC video cards.

i don't know if i did this right.. After getting it to 680/1015 I ran counterstrike source stress test and I got 10fps! I was geting 240 on default clock speeds.
I have no idea what went wrong.. but i'll give it a try again tomorrow doing both memory and core at the same time.

ROFLPWNED!??? 10 fps??

definatly not right, while the test was going did you see any artifacts?

and a guide i read a while back that has been quoted on these fourms a few times said you should find your max core and then find your max memory and there is a nice OC. But i'm actually going to set back to default (save my previous) and try it your guys way again... If i see a diffrence I'll share it.

when i use ati tool the 3d low power is set to 0. all other screenshots i've seen they were all the same. heres a picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom