*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06 Top List

are these good individual 3DMark scores?

Graphics Tests
1 - Return to Proxycon 37.31 FPS
2 - Firefly Forest 38.08 FPS
CPU Tests
CPU1 - Red Valley 0.73 FPS
CPU2 - Red Valley 1.17 FPS
HDR Tests
1 - Canyon Flight (SM 3.0) 42.64 FPS
2 - Deep Freeze (SM 3.0) 48.82 FPS

and is my CPU score as low as it looks to me?
should i overclock my CPU? well, more specifically, would overclocking help improve my score?
9,922 is pretty weak for a system like this, im sure... but i dont know what else i can do to improve it...
(sry if this post is in the wrong thread, i couldnt find many others about 3DMark...)
thanx a bunch :) - RK

I think you should be getting a bigger score.... I think you can overclock a superclocked videocard further also.

what program do you use to overclock a video card? or where are the settings to change to do it? what is a high, but safe speed to set it at?

and yea, i overclocked my CPU to 3.24 and got 10,116... better, but i still think i can squeeze more out of it...
any more suggestions?
thanx - RK

use ATITool (and yes it works with nVidia Cards before you ask)

use ATITool (and yes it works with nVidia Cards before you ask)

ya, thanks... i looked in another thread and found it, and now im seeing what it can do... ive got my card set to 650/950 right now... and no errors or artifacts found, but how hot is too hot for my card to get? it jumped up to like 80~85... when should i stop and turn it down, like at what temp?
ty :) - RK

i feel like running 3dmark tonite... imma shove in my old GTX and give that a whirl

so tonite, i'll have 8800gt w/ q6600 @ 4.1ghz and 8800gtx w/ q6600 at 4.1ghz .... lets see which takes the 3dmark crown :)

Got my best score yet 3.42ghz on my e6600 and my 8800gt at 740/1050

Unfortunately didnt get some setting rigth and after I ran it while I was opening Firefox it bsod'ed and nuked my cookies. SO I dont have the link.

Score was just over 13k

Not bad If I might say so myself :D

what program do you use to overclock a video card? or where are the settings to change to do it? what is a high, but safe speed to set it at?

and yea, i overclocked my CPU to 3.24 and got 10,116... better, but i still think i can squeeze more out of it...
any more suggestions?
thanx - RK

I use ati tool to stress test because i like that fuzzy cube... and i use riva tuner to set my fan speeds and memory + core.

I suggest you use Rivatuner but feel free to use atitool... they both work.

RivaTuner 2.0 fan speed & Overclock Guide

There is a guide on how to use Rivatuner... i suggest you start from page 1 and follow all his directions, they really helped me.

wow, that was fun. :D just did my first run on my e8400. 4.05ghz without a prob:D

Back
Top Bottom