New System Build: Recommendations Please On This Build & Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I understand. If I still want to stick with dual for now, was that setup I am using complete in your opinion. I can see where the seagate has 32megs of cache versus the 8 megs that i selected on the western digital.

I assume that makes it faster as well, but is it noticeable?

As versus the stock, not overclocked HD3870? Same bit rate, same clock speed, same PCI Express platform, except, the HD3870 is DDR4.

Now on the video card, this is a tough choice, as I am leaning hard towards the HD3870, now I will admit that could be sheer ignorance on my part, but why am I so stuck on it?

As versus the stock, not overclocked HD3870? Same bit rate, same clock speed, same PCI Express platform, except, the HD3870 is DDR4.

8800GT and HD3870 are based on two completely different architecture. You can't compare them by clock speed, memory speed .... etc

8800GT at stock speeds is around 15% faster than HD3870 on average in gaming benchmarks

Click here to see the gaming benchmark

So, just so I am not misunderstanding. The 8800GT uses 2 ports? Does my motherboard support it with the two proper ports, and not a 16x on one and 8x on the other? Or perhaps, once again, I am misunderstanding.

Wanted to say thanks to you guys for your patience by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom