loads first page thats it

Status
Not open for further replies.

gloverdaniel

Beta member
i am not an expert but do know some stuff but this gets me. i am not sure if something is wrong with the mb or the processor or something else. ok here is the problem. power supply fried so i ordered another exactly the same. installed this and turned computer on. nothing comes up on screen. i remove one stick of ram and it boots up but only to the first page. the first page being the one where it says press del to enter setup. it goes no further. i have tested both slots and both sticks of ram seperately. why won't it go any further and why won't it work anymore with both sticks in? it worked fine before y PS took a dump.

the system has a nf7-s v2 motherboard, athlon xp 3000 barton processor, radeon 9700 pro video card, 2x512gb ram, 250 maxtor hd

1. No beep at all - this means your motherboard is dead, either due to a defective or underpowered power supply, poorly seated CPU or RAM, or a dead-on-arrival board
2. One beep - board is working fine
3. One long beep then machine shuts down - faulty, improperly installed or missing CPU
4. 1 short(Beep) System booting is normally
5. 2 short(Beep) CMOS setting error
6. 1 long - 1 short(Beep) DRAM ERROR
7. 1 long - 2 short(Beep) Display card or monitor connected error
8. 1 long - 3 short(Beep) Keyboard Error
9. 1 long - 9 short(Beep) ROM Error
10. Long(Beep) continuous DRAM isn't inserted correctly
11. Short(Beep) continuous POWER supply has a problem
12. A two-tone siren, generally caused by overheating or out of specification voltages
13. Four beeps then machine shuts down. This is because this version of the BIOS will shut down your machine if no fan tachometer signal is detected on the fan header. Make sure you attach a fan to the FAN1 or FAN4 header or clear CMOS to reset to default (no checking).

ok we unplugged everything but the motherboard and removed one stick of ram. it booted up then gave an error code which we looked up and it was about the cpu. so we removed the cpu and it was burnt. so....i am pretty sure that was the problem. it won't do anything now so i think we figured it out. thanks for the beep codes though.....they helped out alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom