total newbie, what tools to buy for building first PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

loyalty

Beta member
I found this place from another message board, and i plan to lurk for a bit and read up/research building a PC, but in the meantime, i'd like to order all the pertinent tools and set up a work area in a spare room.

so far the only thing i've done is pick out a case (asus vento 3600). it won't be a gaming pc, but it's so ****ed stylish :D

much thanks

You don't necesarlity need specific tools for PC building, you need however anon magnetic phillips screwdriver and a workbench. To prevent static damage to your components you need to earth yourself by touching the backof the case.

Yeah, barely any tools are needed when putting a computer together, as nickm926 mentioned a phillips screwdriver will do. Maybe get an anti-static wrist strap too, however it's not really needed.

I always get sweaty palms and get very hot and sweaty when I build computers.

No joke.

Moist wet naps would do the trick eh?

replace beer with rum and coke. Also i tend to keep papertowels close as you never know when part of the machine is going to bite you. Bloody computer parts arent cool.
Duct tape
screw driver
alcohol wipes (sub in 90% iso alcohol and coffee filters)
paper towels
your favorite booze
needlenose pliers

Thats pretty much the extent of what i have ever needed, and i take my machine apart quite often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom