New System Build: Recommendations Please On This Build & Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks good, but...I would get a q6600, P5E (x38 chipset), 4gb of ram (reaperX 1000mhz), and an 8800GT.

4gb and a quadcore will certainly come in handy if you do graphics as well

You didnt share the list again, lol!

Also is there any reason you dont want to go with a quad and 8800GT? Thinking of going crossfire or something?

Oops, very odd. It said it was shared. It has a check next to the share box also. Yes, will be moving to crossfire eventually.

https://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.asp?ID=8395188

Maybe the link works now? Hopefully it does.

Also, it looks as though because we are homeschoolers, we can get Windows Vista at a great price. Does older software have issues with a 64bit version of Vista? I still use quite a few older programs that i use on xp, and they run great. Was not sure about 64bit vista?

The e8400 does not appear to be in stock, does anyone know how often they get them?

if you do lots of graphic design and want to run crysis and future games
i highly suggest getting a quad core
and seagate drives tend to be more reliable than western digital, i suggest the 7200.10 or 7200.11 series
plus the sound card isn't really necessary, the z-5500 already have amazing sound, but if your really into gaming and can notice the difference go ahead

Invisible, thanks for the feedback, odd part was, I just can't tell if its worth jumping into quad core right now, I keep getting so many varying opinions on it. If I thought it was faster, for about the same price, I assure you I would get it.

Some people are saying it is, some are saying it isnt, some show benchmark tests other say it was not much of a notable difference.

Really confusing. I mean, is it really faster? After you overclock that e8400, is it faster?

Let's put it this way. Most of those benchmarks weren't optimized for quads thats why you'll see an e6850 do better than a quad at factory clocks. It'll oc to 3.6 quad vs 4.6-4.8 dual (e8400). I'd take those two extra cores over 1000mhz any day. The quad won't even break a sweat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom