q6600 g0, 680i wont go above 2.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a blue screen error as i was replying to you. I upped it to 1.23 something, i need to write these things down... lol and now i am running prime as we speak... this time i'll let it run for an hour... started at 4:25 hopefully we make it to 5:25 without an error.

I think i will just lap the tuniq.

you dont need to lap your tuniq thebase is all copper, the only reason for lappin cpu's and coolers is to get down to the copper like on the true...

I got a blue screen error as i was replying to you. I upped it to 1.23 something, i need to write these things down... lol and now i am running prime as we speak... this time i'll let it run for an hour... started at 4:25 hopefully we make it to 5:25 without an error.

I think i will just lap the tuniq.

Your Vcore is still low. Just keep bumping it up one notch when it isn't stable.

you dont need to lap your tuniq thebase is all copper, the only reason for lappin cpu's and coolers is to get down to the copper like on the true...

Thats not true at all, you can still see temparture improvement by lapping a copper base. How flat something is, is related to how reflective it is. So the "shinier" you can make it, the better contact it will make.

I sanded the copper base of my scythe mine and saw and additional 3C drop in temps. I went from 1000 to 2000 grit on it.

Shiny != flat. I lowered my temps 14c on 2 cores and 5 on the other 2 cores by only lapping using 400 grit. Just because its shiny doesnt make it any flatter.

But, it makes better contact..
I just use flatness to get the point across.

And better contact, makes for better tempartures.

The finer sandpaper you use, the less irregularities in contact.

Then i will lap my tuniq. Btw, i just raised it to 1.2750 and fsb is now at 1335, which is a nice clean 3.0Ghz, i am taking this slow and running prime right now for an hour, then i will probably go play tf2. ;) temp is 68C on full load :/ thats probably not 2 good considering the volt isn't that high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom