CD Burner problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

silence782

In Runtime
I have a CDRW that is acting strange. It reads from a cd just fine, but when I burn a CD, it almost never works. It produces errors 4 out of 5 times I try to burn a CD. I have it on the same IDE channel as my DVD ROM, and I've tried messing with the jumper settings and changing the burning software. I've used everything form Nero 6, to Easy CD Creator, To Burn for Free. The burner is like new, and it's speeds are 48x16x48 if that makes any difference. I've also tried burning the CD as slow as possible, but to no effect.

CD quality?

its normal to have 5-8 CD's in 100 good quality to fail writing.

but as u r saying like this that evey CD's isnt gettign burnt, then must have been problem with
1:software (which u already mentioned)
2: cd quality

else, check ur CD-RW properties as well., right clicking it in computer explorer.

try putting the burner on its own ide channel. ie, take off the dvd rom drive. and try burning again.

i've read somewhere that having 2 optical drives on the same ide channel is never a good idea.

that may be a cause, but i'm running both on same, never had a problem (infact I have DVD and DVD-RW on same channel)

also every branded PC comes with both on same channel. still considering it one possible cause of the fault, try doing this as well.

silence782 said:
I have a CDRW that is acting strange. It reads from a cd just fine, but when I burn a CD, it almost never works. It produces errors 4 out of 5 times I try to burn a CD. I have it on the same IDE channel as my DVD ROM,

Silence,

You didn't specify what kind of burning you're doing but if you are burning CD to CD, it's important to have each device on it's own separate IDE channel so that data can flow continuously.

2nd is that although it's possible (with cheap brands) to have a few bad CD-Rs in a spindle, to have 5 straight bad ones is even more unlikely. I can't imagine how even with a cheap brand you're likely to burn 5 coasters in a row. Have you tried different brands? Personally, I use TDK and Verbatims exclusively. There's no other brand I trust more.

Finally, have you considered flashing your firmware directly from the CD drive manufacturer? (provided there is an update available of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom