RAM Problem..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir_ayan

Beta member
Good Day to all the guys here...I'm new here and what prompted me to join this forum is that I have a problem with my PC. Well I bought a 256 MB PC400 RAM and tried installing it together with my previous RAM which was a 128 MB PC333. When I tried powering up the PC, It took very long to load windows XP. So I tried removing the PC400 module from the mboard and powered up the pc once again and it worked fine...Now my question is how can I use both modules, the PC333 and PC400, at the same time? Your help is highly appreciated..thanks in advance!

By the way my motherboard is an AsRock P4VM800

Normally, you just install both sticks of ram and it should work. Maybe you can try putting both of them back in again, might be because the computer detected new hardware making it start up slower for the first time.

If that doesn't work try just installing only the 256MB stick of ram, see if your computer will start up normally. If not then there might be a problem with the ram.

Thanks for your reply...I already tried what you told me and the same thing happens...anymore suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom