Ideas on a 24" LCD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
in the end its up to you. i think i'd rather stick with that sweet LG. and like mgcook said it would be a stretched 1900x1200 compared to a 24"

stretched.. LOL NO.... hmammen is using a 40 incher at 1920x1080.. and those look just fine, you people just don't realize how huge of a resolution it is.. considering 72 inch tv's look it and look just dandy

I was thinking about that also...does his screen get scretched with that 40 inch... idk.. maybe i will go for a 28... i just dont wanna pay more for something that is less in quality.

stretched.. LOL NO.... hmammen is using a 40 incher at 1920x1080.. and those look just fine, you people just don't realize how huge of a resolution it is.. considering 72 inch tv's look it and look just dandy

well tv's also use motion blurring (for television, so 1080p looks good).. and i was at Best Buy today, and looking side by side with the hans-g 28" and samsung 24" the 24" looked noticeably crisper than the hans-g. im not saying 1080p isn't huge or anything and sure a 73" tv will look good with a pc hooked up, but not as crisp as a 24" with almost the same res. when you stretch 4" to the screen the pixel pitch has to get bigger (.309mm for the 28" compared to .27mm for the 24") ... its the only way to cover a larger space with the same number of pixels. thats similar to saying you wanna run 1024x768 on a 17" or 19"... why? sure it looks fine i guess, but to me i'd rather have the 24" which is plenty big for me, and have the smallest pixel pitch i can.

well keeping the resolution 1680x1050, going from 24" to 28" its not "stretched", its just that the pixel's are bigger to fill the greater area, so if your the same distance away, looking at the 24" and the 28" you might see the difference. TV's you're much farther away and your supposed to have a viewing distance dependent on the TV size, not so much an option for some people with a computer b/c of desk space.

i hardly notice a difference gaming while on my screen... i take size>quality this time around w/ the constant movie watching i do w/ the company i have

Hmm, i think i might actually go for the 24" over the 28"... cause the more i think of it.... I'm not going to be watching movies as much as i'm going to be gaming...

A 28" i would be swinging my head every which way just to check my amo and time lol!

Idk, ill keep thinking about it, but i understand what he is saying about the 24 being "crisper"... it makes sense

it's nice to have that 28 to watch movies. Thats what I planned on doing. I'd rather have better picture quality over size plus its realllllly only 3.5" bigger. Ok now I'm being nit picky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom