Realtek HD Audio Incompatability With Source/Valve Games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikoman69

Daemon Poster
Ive read that my onboard realtek HD audio is partially incompatible with source/valve games due to a driver issue that has not been fixed in updated drivers yet. The problem is that in 5.1 sorround, the games give no output what so ever to the subwoofer. This really kills the sound w/o a subwoofer IMO. And in stereo mode, i lose my 3d audio effect, but gain a subwoofer.

Is there any program/software in which in 5.1 mode, i can say take the incoming stream thats going to the center channel, and mix it down into the subwoofer channel? It doesnt even have to change it to low frequency output, even though that would be even better.

its the ALC888, ive read all realtek HD audio above 880 still has bad drivers for source/valve games.
³Ã³úÃÌ
"RealTek Drivers
There are older version of the Realtek drivers that do work properly, installing an older version will give you 5.1 sound. This is only for the AC97 series (AC97 up to ALC850).

The latest HD_Audio Chip (the ALC 880D) does not have a fixed driver available yet, but I just got official word from Realtek that they know about the problem and are working on a solution.

This problem is (and has always been) a Realtek driver problem, not an HL2/Valve problem.

For now (for the 880D) there is no solution except to use stereo mode."

on my 680i i used the onboard realtekHD with my zalman 5.1 headphones before i bought my x-fi and it worked fine on source games (hl2ep2 and css)but the headphones dont have a subwoofer with them, it just cuts the line. so really they are kinda just 5.0 headphones...

Depends its only ALC880 audio model and up. Anyway, know any software that i can mix sound from it into my subwoofer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom