which sound card should i order next week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
ok so i updated my HD 3870 x2 to 8.2 Catalyst n now my onboard audio wont detect my speakers thinking they r either microphone or line in. I just updated the audio too but didnt do anything. No matter what i do Realtek audio wont detect anything in speaker out. So i have to get a sound card now n the question is which one?

Newegg.com - Creative 70SB046A00000 7.1 Channels 24-bit 192KHz PCI Interface Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Professional Series - Retail

i like the fact it has X-RAM to help the CPU, but costs almost double of XtremeGamer.

Newegg.com - Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card - Retail

i want this one n do a rebate. If i get this one, then im also gonna get 2 x 512mb Crucial Ballistix Tracers so i can 3GB, understanding that games now r going to 3GBs, which Hellgate: London n Assassin's Creed recommends.

Newegg.com - Crucial Ballistix Tracer 1GB (2 x 512MB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

now if i buy the XtremeGamer w/o X-RAM n Tracers, then the price will be $138.86, which is enough for me to buy.

which route should i go with?

EDIT:

off topic, but i told my bro that if i hook my HD 3870 x2 to my 1080p LCD HDTV, the sound will come through that because my video card has a sound chip in it. He claims sound cant product through the HDTV n i say it does, who is right?

why would you buy two sticks of 512 anymore? why not go ahead and get 2 more sticks of 1gb to have 4 total? you can actually save a few bucks by doing this too. yeah crucial might be better than most ram but 1gb of crucial won't be better than 2gb of something like corsair, patriot, etc...

why would you buy two sticks of 512 anymore? why not go ahead and get 2 more sticks of 1gb to have 4 total? you can actually save a few bucks by doing this too. yeah crucial might be better than most ram but 1gb of crucial won't be better than 2gb of something like corsair, patriot, etc...

im using 32-bit Vista Ultimate n that only reads 3.5GBs of RAM, not the full 4GBs.

i rather keep it the same brand n so far my Crucial RAM r doing great.

The second sound card is all you really need. I have the same one and it sounds awesome. Also I see you are from Riverside, CA. I used to live there I miss the worm weather, now I am in Colorado where it is cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom