Is my system OCable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alim3

Solid State Member
Hello everyone,

I am actually new to OCing, but i have done several readings and reasearches before i attempted to ask a few questions which i appreciate having your feedback. Here are my system info:

Q6600 @2.4 on Intel DG33BUC
4GB Kingston DDR2 Pc-5300 667Mhz
BFG Geforce 8800GTX
Thermaltake TP850W PSU
VS 22" VX2255wmb wide
stock cooling

First of all will i be able to overclock this system as it is based on an intel mobo? I went through the BIOS and the only thing i seem to able to modify is the ram timings, changed those to 4-4-4-12. Everything else seems locked.

I heard about the asus ai booster which allows to oc without having to run bios, will it even be compatible with the intel board?

Now i will ask u guys about performance issues. I am currently playing crysis and cod4. With COD4, game runs very smooth with all settings maxed. As for crysis i get decent gameplay (some 20fps) with high settings and 4xAA. (1680x1050) Should i be able in any method to get my cpu to 3.0Ghz, will i see significant performance improvement in games keeping all other specs same?

So in short, what can i do to rev up my cpu? do i need a whole new asus,msi,gb mobo or is there any way out there?

thanks

asus ai is only for asus. If you mobo is locked then thats it. You can grab a cheap p35 for about 100 bucks. Your board is micro atx. You don't see an option for fsb in your bios?

asus ai is only for asus. If you mobo is locked then thats it. You can grab a cheap p35 for about 100 bucks. Your board is micro atx. You don't see an option for fsb in your bios?

Yes, its a micro atx. In the BIOS, no fsb or multiplier options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom