Help! quick stupid question

Status
Not open for further replies.

nOcLuE98

Biohazardous
Hey, I have finally finished installing my maximus formula.(had stuff to do yesterday.)

Well all the lights turn on when I turn on my computer, but nothing shows up on the screen. I have all the cables plugged in, and it doesnt shut down, but nothing happens. The little lcd poster thing tells me this "TESTCMOS" and when I use the clr cmos button on the back (yes the switch to enable it is enabled) nothing happens. It still says the same thing.

Whats up?

Take board out of case.

Place on non-conductive surface.

Have only the following attached.
CPU, heatsink and fan.
1 stick of memory
video card
Power cables to mobo and video card

Attempt to POST, if it works, attach one thing at a time.

Does it make a diff if it is in a case? I dont want to have to take it out if I dont need to. I am off to go try some stuff.

It wont go past the "TESTCMOS" even with everything but a video card and cpu and one stick of memory.

Try clearing the CMOS by using the jumper, or by removing the battery. Those clear CMOS switches can be iffy sometimes.

After some reading on the net, it seems that alot of people are having the same problem as you with the newer cpu, they solved it by flashing their bios to the newest one. Only way for you do that is to get your hands on an older cpu that will work with the board then flash the bios.

I will take it out tomorrow when I get home from school. If that doesnt work, I am pretty sure we have a socket 775 processor in our media pc, so I will try that if taking it out doesnt work. Thank you guys for your responses. I will be back tomorrow afternoon with some updates.

Ok, so I put in a new 775 socket cpu, and it booted up fine. So I updated to the 0907 bios. Then I went to switch to my e8400, and the little poster screen now says.. "cpu init" and my RAM doesnt light up, and nothign works. The reset buttons and and the power buttons dont even work. Not the ones on the motherboard or the one on the case. What is going on?
I am about to go re-put in my cpu, see if that works. I will be back in a few minutes.

Any ideas in the mean time?

sorry for the triple post, but I need some help again. So I got my new cpu working, it boots up to windows log on everytime now. BUT my mouse doesnt work. I have it plugged into a USB port, and there is no mouse port (cant remember the name) or I would have tried one of those.
So how come it wont work?

Thanks

Check the bios to see if the usb's are enabled.
Try it with another mouse if you have.
Try different usb ports.

tried all the mice in the house, usb is enabled, plus my keyboard works. and the usb ports all dont work.
Any other thoughts?

Check with the manifactures tech support (Or specs to be certain it should work), if they say the Board should support the CPU, then it should work, and since it doesn't, RMA it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom