how does this upgrade look?

Status
Not open for further replies.

braz

Daemon Poster
i want to be able to run crysis on high settings and any other games that come out later. i already have an 8800GT SC, 600wpsu, harddrive and case, jsut need to upgrade ram, cpu cooler, cpu, and motherboard. here are the links to all the stuff, what do u guys think?

Newegg.com - Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound - OEM
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX All Solid Capacitor Intel Motherboard - Retail
Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Quad-Core Processor - OEM
Newegg.com - ZALMAN CNPS9700 LED 110mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler - Retail

i am open to any other sudgestions for a motherboard and cpu cooler. idk if i want to go SLI later.

stupid cooler get a Tuniq or TRUE, get MX-2 instead of AS5

and if you hit 3.0ghz on the q6600 that RAM is enough

only if you plan on going for SLI

personally, i am getting that motherboard, but if you want break-neck overclocking, get the P35

and if you wait for a month, intels 45nm quads come out - they will be substantially better than the Q6600...its better to wait for them imo rather than splash out on something that will be obsolete in a month

will i have to get a new motherboard like 5 months down the road? it seems kinda crappy... any other sudgestions around the same price?
how about this tuniq? Newegg.com - Tuniq Tower 120 P4 & K8 CPU Cooler - Retail is the thermal paste that comes with it good enough? i rly dont wanna buy any if i dont have to.

don't double post

also thats the only Tuniq Tower (the other versions have different Fans with LED's on it)

avoid nVidia chipsets if you don't want SLI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom