q6600 g0, 680i wont go above 2.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
cpu 1.4250v

i think thats a lil to high, u might lower it some i have mine at like 1.22 or 1.23

lol 1337 LEET...

and ya flashing bois isnt that hard, u just dont wanna mess it up, that would be bad

edit: and 67, eh we have the same cooler and i dont even have the fan on with mine and it didnt get past 60, try lowering the core voltage

Its not stable though.. it gets errors in prime just not blue screens.... even with that voltage :/ It might be something with my memory... any recommended settings i should try based on what i have?

and the max supported is 1.55 so ill go all the way up to that if i have to as long as temps stay down i guess.

Remember to keep playing with the other voltages as well.

If you continue tweaking and playing around, and it is still not stable no Matter What you do, then it is probably the motherboard limiting your OC, and like I said Before, save up for an x38/x48.

thats WAY to much voltage for that low of a clock.

try setting your ram to 4-4-4-12-2T 800Mhz

and when you run Prime make sure you are doing Small FFTs with 4 torture tests.

I lowerd voltage to 1.35

lowerd fsb to 1300

Set ram to 4-4-4-12 2T 800 mhz

rest of the voltages are

fsb 1.5v
memory 2.2V
spp 1.55v
mcp 1.65V
HT 1.55V

IDK where vid is in cpu so ill just post a screenshot

ShotofCPU.jpg

if that is too small let me know, ill change my resoultion

I'm not going to read every post here, but I tried for a few days and I couldn't achieve anything past 2.8 GHz... I finally fixed it by updating my BIOS. Simple as that. You can view my PC in my sig.

yes i just updated my bios man... it's better definatly because the thing isnt crashing but it is still not going so hot.

The problem most likely is that i accidently bought an SE verison of the 680i because I was ignorant.

But I am confident i can get it to 3.6 anyways, maybe higher then i want temps though.

Oh btw, i didnt start this topic, haha i just kind of jumped in and read some stuff then started asking questions, lol kind of funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom