OCing the Q6600

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's still running at 800mhz. I haven't touched any settings with it....BUT the manufacturer says it's supposed to run at 2.2v and it only runs at 1.8.

if you haven't touched any ram settings and you are upping the FSB then there's a good chance you're overclocking the ram as well...

So like the others said, set it to that. If you ram is rated to run 2.2 Volts @ 800 Mhz then set it to that.. You can always screw around with the timmings later..

Most start with 5-5-5-15 until they find max clock of their CPU then they lower it from there.

People just need to remember that ever setup is different, in the end you just have to play around and try all sorts of different settings..

I'm just worried about destroying my new stuff...I don't have the time or money to replace it...

Don't worry, if your going to worry, then don't do it at all.

Overclocking is a risk, a large one, but you can always RMA items so long as you keep all required paper work, and don't physical modify them, like lapping the CPU or Volt modding a video card/mobo.

I haven't started the overclock yet, but I am trying to get my RAM to the manufacturer's specified voltage and timings.

I upped the voltage to 2.2 as the manufacturer's site says.
When I re-booted the Memory was running at 5-5-5-15 (Supposed to run at 4-4-4-12 @ 2.2v according to Crucial.)
I went back into the BIOS and changed my timings manually back to 4-4-4-12.
Everything is working fine, but I have a question..

CPU-Z is telling me that my memory is running at 4-4-4-12 with a Bank Cycle Time (tRC) of 23 clocks. Is that normal for 4-4-4-12 or should I change that in the BIOS. I'm not sure if there even is an option for the Bank Cycle Time in the BIOS, but I'm curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom