Removing temp files - batch

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakeyman_i_am

Baseband Member
Hello everyone,
Being my first post I'm sure some of you are slightly reluctant to help out, but granted this place looks like it has allot of traffic, I'm sure I will stick around and give my fair share back to the "Tech-Forums.net" user group.

I need some syntax for a win xp sp2 batch file. All I'm trying to do is delete some stupid temp internet files, and it will just not work. The del command works fine, I pass a q switch to make it override, and all is smooth for ANY file but the temp folder. This batch just WONT delete a single temp internet file. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Have you tried any programs such as but not limited to:
Regseeker
Deep delete
Killbox
hijackthis
CC Cleaner (or whatever it is called)

With killbox and hijackthis there are delete on reboot features, but you will need to know the exact location of the given files.

Thank you!

Although if you think about it, I'm sure the program will be just using basic windows commands. It can't be doing anything more than that.

Either way, I will look around...

Sometimes yes, but the delete on reboot feature trys to delete a file or folder before the majority of window's services start up.

If those programs don't work you can try deleting it through the recovery console when booting ofo of the windows OS disk and if that doesn't work, a linux live cd probably will.

Good ideas -

I don't need to get too complicated. All I'm trying to do is keep my disk a little cleaner. Also this would be a great thing for some of my users at work.. Considering a few of them are pro surfers ;)

Download CCleaner 2.04.543 - filehippo.com

Honestly an excellent tool that won't just clean temp files but history, MRU's, Prefetch Data and many more. It also has a registry cleaner to clean out your system registry for a bit more speed ;)

And you can control what it removes so it's very flexible (but i have mine set for it to clean everything). And probably the best party, it takes a few seconds to a few minutes at the most (heavily clogged pc's)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom