which motherboard do i get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

braz

Daemon Poster
i have 2 motherboards lined up, kinda on a budget... i would like to spend around 450$ max with cpu, ram, and mobo. one motherboard has PCIe 2.0, is that even worth it? will it be good for my 8800GT? also, which will let me OC a q6600 to 3ghz? but yea, which will be the best for gaming? i have an 8800gt SC and will be buying a q6600 cpu. Also, what ram is good? need 2gb ddr2 that works with the mobo i choose(50$ max for 2gb) thanks guys!

LINKS:
Newegg.com - ASUS P5N-D LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 750i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX All Solid Capacitor Intel Motherboard - Retail

Go with the gigabyte board. The asus board is an nvidia chipset and will be more headache than its worth. The ds3 boards are rock solid.

As far as memory, you can get just about ANY brand for under 50 bucks if you are willing to go the rebate route. (2gb that is)

Newegg.com Shopping Cart

so far that is what i have chosen. look good? will this setup last me over 1 yr? like will i be able to run top of the line games for the next year? i already have 160gb Harddrive and 600wpsu dual 12v rails, and 8800GTSC. do i need to buy thermal paste? or does that tuniq fan come with some?

Newegg.com Shopping Cart

so far that is what i have chosen. look good? will this setup last me over 1 yr? like will i be able to run top of the line games for the next year? i already have 160gb Harddrive and 600wpsu dual 12v rails, and 8800GTSC. do i need to buy thermal paste? or does that tuniq fan come with some?

It does come with it. But Arctic Silver 5 is definitely superior. I would buy some and toss teh stuff the heatsink comes with.

Tell me what 600w PSU do you have....you want to make sure it's a good one. The 8800GT and Q6600 both overclocked should handle the newest games with high and a few later on at medium-high settings no problem. only one game has had me turn my graphics down and thats Crysis.

its an ULTRA xfinity 600w dual 12v rails, @18a and @20a

I have an ultra Xfinity 700W in one case thats been a project. I think they're decent power supplies - Frys has awesome prices on them after rebates etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom