Ideas on a 24" LCD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lg in my opinion does make the best panel on the market there just alot more expensive then other panels, but come out with higher contrast and refresh rates before other companies usually do, i think lg also suplys panels for asus. and other companies. aswell so try and look into that to see if they make panels for a cheaper brand.

As far as I know LG and a certain BenQ model were on par with panels, then BenQ dropped it for the cheaper TN panel. Lg also dropped a couple models for TN panels but the model thirdleft owns along with the 245w is still being produced with the superior panel.

That's just forum talk from the support staff over at ncix though, i'm not sure if thats overall or just the supply they recieve. I can't order any of the good panels from them at all now, gotta find it somewhere else.

i love my 24" Acer..its alot brighter than my LG was honestly. and I didnt have to download a driver to set the resolution like my LG.

me? a 20 or 22" is close enough at 1050. my 24" is ungodly and i dont think i need it anyway (plus i can't play my ps3 on it, which would be nice right now since i don't have an HDTV). plus i think a LG or samsung would look a whole lot better in picture quality.

Actually 1050 is not the limiting factor, its the 1680. Monitors are 16:10, where 1080p is 16:9. So 1080p is 1920x1080 resolution, your 1680x1050 resolution will shrink the 1080p to 1680x945.

Actually 1050 is not the limiting factor, its the 1680. Monitors are 16:10, where 1080p is 16:9. So 1080p is 1920x1080 resolution, your 1680x1050 resolution will shrink the 1080p to 1680x945.

ok yeah thats true, wasn't thinking. oh well its still close enough to full hd than my SD tube tv (480i) gets. plus the monitor i currently have doesn't support HDCP so i can't hook up my ps3 anyway.

Thanks for all the info.

No one replied to one of my questions. Since I've never used a wide screen model LCD, when I do have one, and play retro games that do not have wide screen supports, what happens? It doesn't stretch it all out does it? That's what kept me from buying wide screen when I picked up my Samsung LCD, I just didn't know.

hm. I know ffxi Will stretch out. i'm not lookin forward to that. Its probably 6 or 7 years old now, still using DX8 XD I don't have any experience with the other older games, sorry ^_^

Thanks for all the info.

No one replied to one of my questions. Since I've never used a wide screen model LCD, when I do have one, and play retro games that do not have wide screen supports, what happens? It doesn't stretch it all out does it? That's what kept me from buying wide screen when I picked up my Samsung LCD, I just didn't know.

i think the answer to that question is yes it will stretch it out, unless somehow you can find a mod to fix it (im sure there are some games that have them). if not you can always just play it in a window, if it supports it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom