is it time for Vista now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TampaBay

Baseband Member
This is for the small business of 20 PCs.
We are using XP Pro and it is time for us to buy some new PCs (3-4 new ones). Should I buy it in Vista OS or keep XP? I like XP and don't know much about Vista.

Please share your experiences.

Thanks,
TB.

True And Vista is soon to release sp1 so i would wait a bit and find out how that will affect it.

True And Vista is soon to release sp1 so i would wait a bit and find out how that will affect it.
This has nothign to do with it. SP1 will be out in less than a month now. there is no reason to wait and see. If that is the case people would still beon 98 as they would want to wait and see the performance gain from XP SP3. ;)

If you have good people in the Tech Dept. Get Vista. there is a slight learning curve that they would have to get used to compared to XP. But nothing major at all.

I would suggest Vista as XP is only available till June. Vista will be the only OS available after that. the sooner you start the transition for your people the better. Cause afer June you wont have a choice and you will have to teach the users then how to use it.

Just make sure that all of the programs you need to use in the business will work on Vista. I havent looked lately, but the vista test machine we tried about 4 months ago we had at least 3 different programs that were not compatible with vista. Radmin and symantec antivirus being the 2 main ones i can remember.

Symantec has worked for me since the Betas on Vista. I dont understand how they did not work for you.o.0

That was the one i used on my machine for the longest time. I now use NOD32 but i used Symantec Corp Edition 10 on a RTM Vista before.

I think the only biggest issue with Vista now for people, is that they're not used to how everything is laid out compared to XP. XP was laid out very similar to previous versions, but Vista was redesigned quite a bit, it seems like. Things were renamed in control panel, and other things (such as networking) were totally redesigned. I think that's the biggest thing that people are having trouble with (heck, even I still do).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom