How to make this PC Stronger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would sell your tuniq and get a True. Also think about airflow in your case. Do you have the Armor w/ side fan or no? Case doesn't look too great for cooling.

No, this case came with a top fan, two in the back (by the CPU and HD's), and one up front

i whent with the tuniq and would recomend it you dont need to lap it it comes with a very very flat copper surface you can change the fan if you want which will result in the same kind of results as a true imo, and it isnt that hard to install just dont screw each screw in all the way and struggle to put the last one in like i did my first time, screw each one in a little then once there all secure tighten them as much as you can. at stock on low rpm my q6600 runs at 31/35 on all cores idle, when over clocked to 3.6ghz i run at 38/44 degrees across all cores then at load it goes up to 55c , and i dont even have it lapped. nor do i have great thermal paste, try reseating with less it really makes the diference. OCZ Technology | Products | Cooling Products | OCZ Ultra 5+ Silver Thermal Compound *EOL is the paste i have with a stock tuniq fan.

Interesting, did you change the fan? With my tower it's a pain in the *** to get the screws off once tightened on.... I wonder if they're on tight enough with how hot mine runs stock... I followed some directions on how to put the paste on... if i'm running 60-70's at ~3GHZ, suppose I should look into placing the grease/heatsink once again?

edit-

BTW, I'm using ARCTIC COOLING MX-2 Thermal Compound

Also I just checked I run 37-38 CPU temp at stock, with 55 system temperature

i should point out you already lose 768mb of that 4gb thanks to your 8800GTX, unless your motherboard does memory remapping.

Yeah I'm not sure on that, seems like my memory from what task manager says is ~950mb used while idle

no i mean out of the total. due to something that happened quite a while back in the development of processors memory ranges for devices ended up being mapped to 4gb downward, meaning if you have 4gb and two GTXs and the board doesn't remap the address space you will lose 1.5gb of memory as the addresses are taken up for the graphics cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom