XP Service Pack 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

helix2301

In Runtime
Does Microsoft have an official Service Pack 3 you can download or are they still RC? I checked there web site and all I see is RC is there a date for the official service pack?

As gurusan said. XP SP3 RC2 was just released. It is not final yet.

Anyone hear of any performance enhancing in SP3? People keep telling their system is running faster, but I just think it's a mind over matter thing. They want to believe it's running faster.

Anyone hear of any performance enhancing in SP3? People keep telling their system is running faster, but I just think it's a mind over matter thing. They want to believe it's running faster.
XP SP3 has over 1,000 hotfixes in it. that is it. There is some changes to the network stack to make it work more like Vista's so they can play nicely together and be more secure but other than that there is nothing significant in the performance area. Nothing that you can not gain by installing all the hotfixes to date thru Windows update.

Again Gurusan is right. XP has always supported Dual core and Quad core CPU's since the introduction of SP2.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom