USB's not working!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThirdLeft152

Daemon Poster
Alright so i went to turn on my computer and none of my devices connected through USB work. i've tried all of my 8 usb ports and none of them work! i get the error message that says "one of the usb devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and windows does not recognize it." its really frustrating and starting to tick me off. i've reinstalled drivers and tried everything. i googled the error and no such luck. has anyway had this problem before? any suggestions?

im starting to think that my mobo has finally given out of me.

have you actually tried each device individually? it might be correct and a malfunctioning device can stop the host controller from working.

yes i have. im on my laptop right now with the mouse that won't work on my desktop. i've also tested the other mouse i have, my digital camera, a flash drive, and phone. it's not the devices..

alright so you can close the thread, problem solved however a new issue appeared but i guess thats something im going to have to deal with.

so i don't know what made me take a closer look at the connection from the case usb/firewire connections to my motherboard but i did. i realized that the usb connection didn't have a 5th prong which i was use to seeing on other cases (don't know if this was the problem or not but i disconnected anyway), however the female connector from the case was oriented correctly to the male prongs on the motherboard. anyways i disconnected the fire and usb connections and everything works fine now. just 2 usb ports down now :/ and so i gotta figure out how to get them working again.

P2131958.jpg

P2131959.jpg

P2131960.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom