Video Card Overheating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike9182

In Runtime
I bought an EVGA 8800GT (G92) and have been having trouble with it overheating. I've turned all of my case fans up to high and it still overheats. What would you guys suggest I do?

Tried upping the fan on the card itself with RivaTuner?

You could also try re-applying thermal paste and/or using an aftermarket cooler.

I'll try reapplying the thermal paste. I downloaded Rivatuner and it said that my drivers weren't supported. Is version 2.06 the latest?

Yup. It says that my drivers aren't supported either, but it works fine w/ my card.

Does it say this when you open RT?

"Warning! RivaTuner has not been tested with the currently isntalled display driver. It is strongly recommended etc. etc."

Just click ok, and where it says "Forceware detected" click the little arrow on the right side, then click on the icon that looks like a graphics card. Then click on the Fan tab > change the 'auto control' to 'direct control' in the dropdown box, then adjust the last slider. I have min set at 75%, idling at 40-41c, OC'd to 730/1000.

There isn't an option for adjusting the graphics card just some refresh rate stuff. It got so annoying that I put my 7900GS back in and now when I check rivatuner the options for adjusting the graphics card are there. Did the G92 come out in December?

I downloaded them in January so I'm pretty sure they're the latest. Could it be because the G92 revision just came out in December?

I have the same card as you though... The GT is only a g92 revision (can't remember when it came out)... there's a GTS that's a g92 revision, that hhad an older version, but that should work with RT as well. Go google and d/l a program called GPU-Z, and post what forceware version you have. 169.28 is the latest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom