Ordering Tomorrow, Please Check My Build!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes but that doesn't matter....you people need to understand that ram such as A-data can be used still very well. Before Ballistix were cheap as dirt we had to use cheaper Cas 5 ram and overclock it. My ram is stock 1.8v DDR2-800 C as 5. I have it running at 2.1v and i can get DDR2-1085 out of it at Cas 5. If i pump up the ram to 2.2v I can get DDR2-1000 at 4-4-4-15 which is fine with my E6300.

You have an E2180 with Ballistix which is easily overkill considering any cheap DDR2-800 ram will overclock it fine. The difference between Cas 4 and 5 in games is a very minimal 2-4% on average.

Yeah but at this point even the high end stuff is cheaper than dirt. So why not get the good stuff?

And before Ballistix were cheap as dirt I used 2 gigs of OCZ Titanium. Jeez, dropped almost 3 Benjamin's on them.

I didn't get ballistix just cause they were Crucials. I got them cause they're microns and they were the cheapest set. I know theres little performance gain between tighter timings and higher frequencies but alittle more and you can just buy good well known sticks. In the end if you decide to upgrade atleast you know your ram will handle it. I don't think one person here will say get (x) brand ram over crucials. Obviously he's going to oc w/ his 8400, team it up w/ some microns and oc till you pass out.

I'm wondering where you're going to order your e8400 too becuase that's the only thing missing from my build right now. They are sold out at most sites and price is up to $240 now at some sites. Let me know where you'll eventually order from and if it goes well I'll get it from that site too.

I got the A-Data's from a friend. ($20)
He wanted to buy some better ram. I helped him pick out some ballistix. I bought them from him just because I wanted to help him get rid of them and to save some dough. ;)

And I've tested 'em out in my older build and they worked fine under stress using memtest. *Which is saying alot*
I'm not as worried about over-clocking because the e8400 over-clocks like a wonder. Plus I'm not planning overclocking that heavy either.

I only over-clock alot when my rig gets outdated.
Well I WAS going to buy 3 days ago, but right when i got home my internet was off (forgot to pay bill). So I'll be ordering soon, when my internet comes back on, and when I make my final decisions.

Thanks for all the help guys, seems as though I got a solid build here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom